A Philosophy Centered on Client Relationships
When Raymond James was founded in 1962, it did not follow the path of its peers – a transaction-oriented style of business based simply on “selling” investments. Instead, the firm’s founder, Robert A. James, stressed the importance of counseling individual clients, understanding their needs and concerns, and building customized financial plans.
Today, Raymond James financial advisors continue to embrace this philosophy, encouraging our clients to focus on long-term investing and develop diversified portfolios. Our objective was – and still is – to help people plan for life.
Remaining sensitive to the changing needs of our clients, we keep a watchful eye on today’s complex financial marketplace. And we offer a comprehensive selection of investment alternatives to help meet clients’ evolving needs. Raymond James is also a leader in providing fee-based alternatives to traditional commission transactions, with experience in fee-based planning since the late 1960s.*
Yet, with all of its innovation, Raymond James’ founding premise remains unchanged. That’s why we are dedicated to providing clients with complete financial planning services and personalized, professional assistance. Simply put, we believe our business is people and their financial well-being … and we are committed to our clients’ success.
Planning: The Key to Financial Success
In life, we pass through several phases, each with different financial requirements. For example, the financial needs of a young married couple are not the same as those of a retired couple. That is why continuous, long-term planning is essential. Typically, there are three basic financial steps most people take in life. They include:
Wealth accumulation: The building of a solid, diversified financial foundation from which to expand over time. During this phase, allocation of money for a home, investments, life insurance and educational expenses is coordinated with tax planning strategies to ensure that current and future income is utilized effectively.
Wealth conservation: The inclusion of a variety of investment strategies and further diversification, designed to preserve and invest assets to help ensure adequate funds for current living expenses and future retirement needs.
Wealth distribution: The proper allocation of assets to heirs. Good estate planning should provide for the orderly transfer of assets while avoiding unnecessary tax burdens.
In addition to the complexities and changing priorities that occur over a lifetime, a financial plan also is affected by fluctuating economic conditions, taxes and inheritance laws. We have the expertise to thoughtfully design a plan with your circumstances in mind, helping you develop a long-term financial strategy for your individual needs.
The Raymond James Advantage
As financial advisors with Raymond James, we possess the necessary tools to guide you through every step of the financial planning process, including:
- Helping you define specific financial goals by reviewing your financial situation in depth, taking into account your income, assets and liabilities, current portfolio, risk tolerance and investment time horizon
- Offering you flexible account options, including traditional investment accounts or a variety of fee-based alternatives that feature quarterly fees and low or no transaction costs
- Helping with the paperwork that often accompanies investing
- Accessing and evaluating up-to-the-minute market data, research reports and other economic and financial information
- Using computer-generated models to show you how asset allocation and investment diversification may enhance your portfolio, as well as how much time you may need to accumulate a specific amount of money for retirement and other purposes
- Offering you a variety of investment alternatives and services to meet your needs – including retirement, education, tax and estate planning, stocks, bonds, load and no-load mutual funds, CDs, insurance, annuities, trust services, asset management and banking services
- Working with your other professional advisors, such as attorneys and tax specialists, to help ensure coordination in all areas of your financial life
- Meeting with you on a regular basis to evaluate the performance of your investments and to make sure that they’re in line with your goals
Service That Extends Beyond Financial Planning
Confidentiality is a top priority in our client relationships. We appreciate the trust our clients place in us and never take that trust for granted. Naturally, any business we conduct is held in strict confidence – just as you would expect from your physician, attorney or any other professional.
We provide objective information and unbiased guidance. Because we are not required to sell specific products, we have the freedom to help you select the investments that are right for you.
Sound investment decisions are based on facts and careful research, not emotions. However, we know it’s not always easy to make sensible choices, especially in a fluctuating market. We can help you employ disciplined, long-term strategies that help hedge against short-term market swings. Together, we’ll establish reasonable investment goals – and stick to them.
Now is the Time to Make it Happen
The decision to begin the financial planning process should not be taken lightly, nor should it be put off. The earlier your plan begins, the greater the potential for rewards.
Raymond James has always been a leader in financial planning services. As financial advisors within the firm, we remain committed to its ideals – unwavering integrity, innovation, quality and, above all, outstanding client service.